Sunday, December 19, 2010

The obsession continues...

Lisa's Maple Oatmeal bread made with mostly oat bran and just a little oatmeal.

The beauty of bread baking: the techniques has to be exact, requiring so much practice, experience, patience, and time, YET, the ingredients can be so varied (within limits).

Just like human relationships.

Ding! Poignant blog observation of the day.

The recipe called for "flour", assuming all-purpose. I used a mixture of bread flour, "white whole wheat", and all purpose. I poured 2.5 Cups of water into the oats, in an attempt to be exact, the dough is not nearly as wet as last time. I must have done something wrong last time...

I didn't knead it long enough though, I think...

Final product turned out tasty. A little doughy perhaps, cakey. But good.

No comments:

Post a Comment