Friday, June 24, 2011

The Cousins

Shabbat at Adina's...

Profiteroles with ice cream and chocolate sauce
Brownies (NYT)

I used the choux recipe from the Chopping Block Baking Bootcamp. Chocolate Sauce from Williams Sonoma. Ice cream from Dairy Queen. The choux making was a good experience in that I had to make two batches. The first batch did not turn out well because 1) I did not pipe it. 2) I made them too big (they more than doubled during baking. But most disastrously, 3) I did not bake them long enough and thus they all collapsed. Fortunately, since pate a choux is really such an easy thing to pull together, I was able to make a second batch and remedied everything. Hmmm... perhaps I should try Thomas Keller's gnocchis again.....

Brownies were perfect. I love this cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment