Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bliss


Chocolate filled brioche
Yin yang rice
Nobu Cod (Rasa Malaysia)
Duck with peas (Saveur)

This is a good food week. The duck I made on Sun. Love the addition of iceberg lettuce leaves, should put half head next time. I did not braise the duck as long since I like the firmness of just cooked duck. Paired it with buttered Trader Joe's multicolored veggie pasta.

The Nobu cod was a revelation kind of. No longer limited to fancy Japanese restaurant. I used Chilean sea bass. Sliced thin 6 in by 3 in by 1/2 in thick. Must marinade overnight. Grilled on bbq. And I have actually been keeping this from my family!

Yin Yang rice was hard to make in a way because I could not find any dependable recipe. At the end it turned out really well with the help of HK cookbook. Used the 白汁recipe for the shrimp and the 蕃茄燴chicken (with tomatoes added) recipes. Maybe it is time to experiment with HK casual cooking without recipes!

Brioche of course from blueberry creamcheese braid recipe. The filling of chocolate (dark) actually totally elevated it with parsimonious elegance even though we don't feel like chocolate all the time. Adam's favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment