Sunday, January 23, 2011

Indiaxtravaganza

Raita
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/raita-yogurt-salad-recipe/index.html
Tandoori chicken (SAVEUR)
Saag paneer (EPI) "Fresh cheese with spinach"
Curried cauliflower with tomatoes
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Curried-Cauliflower-with-Tomatoes
Basmati rice using my wonderful new Zojirushi
Peach cobbler (EPI)

Reprise: Rustic french bread from Joy of cooking
Morning: Banana pancakes from Williams Sonoma
Lunch: Mushroom pizza with Pillsbury

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No, I really DO hate Emeril. But this recipe looked good and worked well.
SO glad I made it. It really makes the meal, with all the spiciness going on. It will also make it easier to keep eating the leftovers in the next few days.
Tandoori was yum. Not red though....why?
I added heavy cream to the saag paneer. Just feels wrong without it.
I used frozen peaches for the cobbler...turned out a bit watery.
The bread turned out great this time.
Full disclosure: at this moment I have not made the cauliflower yet....too tired from whole day cooking!
And yes, it is rather paradoxical that I would bake french bread and use Pillsbury pizza crust on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment